Property is under contract as of March 17, 2022. If you have been searching for a fantastic 3 bedroom, 2 bath home nestled among mature trees in the Oaklawn Historic District of South Pasadena – then look no further! I am the listing agent for 424 Fremont Avenue in South Pasadena – which is currently being offered for sale. The listing price is $1,299,000. Vaulted ceilings, original hardwood floors, tons of recent upgrades, beautiful expansive garden views, and it’s in the Award Winning South Pasadena School District! Walk to the Gold Line, South Pasadena Farmer’s Market, shops and restaurants on Mission, as well as the Fair Oaks shopping corridor via the Oaklawn pedestrian bridge. This split-level home is beautiful, functional, and ready to move right in.
This home has 1,441 square feet of living space, and is situated on a lot measuring 4,138 square feet. As you sit or stand in the living room you are looking out over a vast sunken garden of the estate just behind. You have a view of multiple mature trees, a small pond, and a beautiful mature bougainvillea. There is an outdoor patio space perfect for entertaining or family barbecues. The original structure was built in the early 1900’s. Below is a photo showing the house in an earlier time. The Raymond Hotel (now since demolished) is seen at the top of the photo. You are purchasing a piece of South Pasadena history.
The upper level of the home features an immense primary bedroom suite surrounded by charming casement windows that open out onto a canopy of trees and bougainvillea. The suite has an office nook, thoroughly modern en-suite bathroom, and walk-in closet. Two more bedrooms and another full bathroom complete the upper level. Below are pictures of the 3 bedrooms.
The lower level features a large living and dining area with vaulted ceilings, recently upgraded gas fireplace, built-in seating, and a broad garden view out the back. The kitchen boasts stone countertops, a convenient serving bar, and recently upgraded stainless steel appliances. Below are pictures of the living / dining area and kitchen.
The sellers have spent a ton of money on numerous upgrades that the new buyer will benefit from. Here’s a list of the recent upgrades:
- New landscaping, including patio surrounded by historic river rock and garden plantings
- New lighting fixtures, shelves, and finishes from sources such as Rejuvenation, West Elm, Pottery Barn, and Illuminate Vintage
- Fireplace restored with new Peterson Fire gas logs and glass fireplace doors
- Brand new stainless steel refrigerator in kitchen
- New Samsung Frame TV in living room
- New Nest thermostat and Blink doorbell
- New Elfa closet systems in two bedrooms
- New premium woven roller shades in master bedroom
- New custom Sunbrella cushion for built-in seating
- New paint throughout home and garage
- New roof flashing
- New sewer clean-out and line hydro-jetted
- Tree removal behind house and tree stump brought to grade at NW corner of house
- Electrical outlets repaired
- Routine termite treatment and maintenance
This great South Pasadena home will be sold soon – be sure not to miss this one.